Yes. An important consideration for creating a custom Alignment target (marker) is what it is being used for. Custom Alignment Targets can be used for the following purposes:
- It is possible to customize the logo on the marker for your organization. The logo can be placed anywhere on the alignment target. The size of the logo will depend on the other elements you have chosen to include on the alignment target.
- Alignment Mode allows you to place AR contents in your current environment. While in alignment mode on the WorkLink App, you can use alignment targets for tracking AR content. Depending on the device, alignment targets are used for target recognition and content placement.
- Refer to the Physical Specifications for Image requirements of the Alignment Target.
- Related article: https://www.wikitude.com/documentation/latest/android/targetguide.html
Enabling Access - QR Codes
- Another possibility is to customize the alignment target by adding a QR code; which could enable a user to access an:
- Individual Scenario
- Resource Catalog (including multiple Scenario)
- Website (Scenarios or other content)
For this use case, the QR code functions as an access point and an alignment target. As an example, you can place a QR Code and your logo on a custom marker; when in use, this custom marker provides access to your Resource Catalog (Scenarios) and can also be used as the Alignment Target for those Scenarios.
Learn how to add your custom alignment target to your project in the new WorkLink Create