The Sequence editor is used to create or modify steps and sequences in your project. Sequence Editor can be found under "Window" menu.
How to create a new step from the Sequence Editor
- Right Click on the applicable sequence and click "Add New Step" to create a new step for the sequence.
- Continue Current Step: This will create a new step in which timeline continues the final frame of its previous step.
- Continue Current Step Reversed: This will copy the current step and reverse it.
- Continue Last Step: This will continue last step on the sequence.
- Add New Step: This will add a new step to the sequence.
- Add New Empty Step: This will add an empty step to the sequence.
- Reverse Sequence: You can also reverse a step through the context menu.
- Set as Initial Sequence: This will re-position a sequence in your project.
- Rename Sequence: You can rename any sequence by right clicking it .
- Copy Sequence: You can copy a sequence and paste it by right clicking an empty space>paste sequence.
- Duplicate Sequence: Duplicate a sequence in your project.
- Remove Outgoing Connection: Right click on the first sequence and select "Remove Outgoing Connection" to delete a connection.
- Delete Sequence: You can delete a sequence by right clicking it and hitting "delete sequence" as long as it is not the only sequence.
How to modify a step from the Sequence Editor
- Right click on the applicable step to modify it.
- Continue Step: This will create a new step in which timeline continues the final frame of its previous step.
- Continue Step Reversed: This will copy the step and reverse it.
- Reverse Step: You can also reverse a step through the context menu.
- Rename Step: You can rename any step by right clicking it.
- UI Template: You can swap UI template, apply changes to main template, reset all changes or go to main template from this option.
- Copy Step: You can copy a step from one sequence and paste the step in another sequence.
- Duplicate Step: Duplicate a step within the same sequence.
- Delete Step: You can delete a step by right clicking it and hitting "delete step" as long as it is not the only step.
Other available options
- Default State: When a model(s) is added to the scene in default state, the model(s) will be visible on all steps of the project. If you wish to add or make a change that should affect every step in your project, then you should make this change in the default state.
- Content Placement: Also known as Author-defined Alignment allows an author to define what step(s) of the project alignment will be initiated. An author is allowed to add a step or multiple steps before content placement by simply dragging the content placement step button before or after the desired step.
Create/modify a Step (Alternative)
A Step or Sequence can also be created or modified from the Step/Sequence counter in the tool bar (i.e. using the "+" button)
How to add/connect Sequences with the Sequence Editor
1. To add a new sequence, right click on the background of the Sequence Editor and click "Add New Sequence". You can also add a new sequence from the Sequence counter in the tool bar. To modify a sequence, right click the applicable sequence for desired modifications.
2. You can connect sequences by dragging the mouse pointer.
- To delete this connection, right click on the first sequence and choose "Remove Outgoing Connection".
- You can rename a step/sequence by double clicking it.