Object groups can be created to group a selection of objects in the step hierarchy .
This allows you to, for example:
- To define their visibility collectively within Object Properties.
- Create animations by "Add Selected to Timeline" in the Timeline Editor.
You can create new groups, rename and get an overview of existing groups in Object Groups.
You can create a new group by multi selecting objectsin the Step Hierarchy and select "Create Group" and you can also add objects to existing groups in the Object Properties window.
The video below shows how to create object groups and add objects to an object group.
Find an example in our "Tip of the Week":
Start using groups to simplify your animations by navigating to the Window menu and selecting “Object Groups” or use the Alt + G hotkey. In the Object Groups window you can
- add selected objects to a new group using the “Create Group” button
- select a group(visible by orange highlight) by left clicking a group
- rename or delete a group by right clicking a group
In the "Object Properties" window you can
- assign objects to groups in default state or on individual steps
- create a new group in the group drop down list
In the "Timeline Editor" window you can add a selected group to the timeline